Friday, November 04, 2005

Ayumi Hamasaki - Arena Tour 2005 "My Story"




My god, I swear, if Ayumi ever had a concert held anywhere in the west coast, I'm there for sure! I recently went Ayumi Live in Concert crazy, and ended up buying a couple of her concert dvds. (It's an extremely cheap ticket to her concert, lack of a better excuse). After reading some reviews about her latest concert dvd, I decided to pickup the Areana Tour 2005 based on her album My Story. Ayumi's concerts are always full of awesome sets and beautiful outfits. This may be the one of her most expensive ones, considering all of the props. Besides the visual, this one is a must have for all Ayumi fans, she starts off with "Happy Ending" and continues to please the crowd with old and new songs. Here she performs the song "Moments" in a beautiful black/red dress (sorry I don't know what the correct name of this type of dress is, maybe someone could comment me and let me know).


Just a little background info, I believe she started her career around the mid 90's and has rip up the charts for over ten years. (You could always google Ayumi Hamasaki and find some very informative sites with her profile info). From all of the dvds I've seen, she always goes all out to entertain the crowd. Not many artist would spend that kind of money to have even a set that is half as good. Ayumi truly loves her fans, as you could see from some these pictures (while she was performing "Walking Proud"). I've been listening to this song all day...can't get it of my head...



Those ain't no fake tears, you could really see that she tears up for all the loyal fans she's had for so long. (I think in Japan, you'd be lucky to have any following for over a year or two). One site had said, "No other artist can compare to Ayumi when in comes to concerts." This is so true - check out, even if you're not a JPOP fan. You're going to wish you could go to one of her concerts. I think I might have to fly to Japan to go to one of her concerts, maybe that's what I'll do next year. :) My only disappoint with this concert is that she didn't sing my all time favorite song "A Song for XX," But I guess the song is kind of outdated (and she's sung at almost all of her previous concerts).
Ayumi wa totemo utsukushii desu...ayumi daisuki desu...

1 comment:

Robert said...

it might be called Very Big Dress... hehe. I think the dress is especially designed for her to fit the 18th century look and balcony setting.